By Lic Giovanna Barrantes.
Costa Rica, with its idyllic location between the Pacific Ocean and Caribbean Sea, has become a top destination for people all over the world who are looking for peaceful living.
But the realities of life are always there no matter where you live, something the legal firm of Barrantes & Associates fully understands. Established in 1999, my team at Barrantes & Associates is fluent in English and can handle all legal needs.
- Real Estate: We can assist with closing transactions, title searches, forming corporations, due diligence, escrow, property management, sales, consulting and all banking needs.
- Civil and Commercial Law: We can write as well as translate contracts. We are also experts in the labor laws of Costa Rica.
- Family Law: We handle matrimony, marital dissolution, and child support enforcement.
- Immigration: We provide assistance in residency and citizenship.
- Banking: We can help you open a Costa Rican bank account.
Now that I’ve told you about our firm, I’d like to give you a little background information on myself.
After earning my Lawyer and Public Notary Degree at Santo Tomás College, Universidad Federada de Costa Rica in 1998, I earned a commercial law degree from the Universidad de Costa Rica in 2000.
My experience has included Commercial and Civil Law; Constitution, Modification and Dissolution of Corporations; Lease Contracts; Real Estate transactions for properties, homes, land, hotels.
I also have experience in Immigration Law (Residence Procedures, labor permits), Family Law, Criminal Law (traffic cases, Mal Praxis, illegal retention, between others), and International Investment Corporations.
In the field of labor law, I taught courses at the Instituto Nacional de Aprendizaje, a Government Institution, in labor history, worker rights, legal dismissal, legal resignation, and analysis of court resolutions.
And I am bilingual (written and spoken) in English and Spanish.
And we also have an office in Panama, should you have any legal needs there.
Visit us at Barrantes & Associates, contact us at [email protected], or give us a call at 011-506-2256-3807 (Costa Rica) or 1-800-979-4174 (toll-free).