Have you ever felt a lack of sexual appetite? Well, after reading what we have to tell you, you may have to rephrase the excuse when you do not feel like it, because practicing sex can make a lot of discomforts disappear, and among them a migraine, so we can end the legend of a headache. Of course, for this pleasant support of your health to be effective, it is necessary to practice it frequently.
Sex is great! And not only for the pleasure it can cause – which is unquestionable – but also has many health benefits. Today, in particular, we bring you 15 healthy effects that sex can bring to your physical and mental state. If you are a woman, it is most likely that N° 3 will attract your attention. So take note of it! 1. Sex reduces stress. It is undeniable that after having sex (and especially after reaching orgasm) you will reach a state of perfect relaxation. But in addition, it is scientifically proven that sex lowers levels of stress and anxiety by decreasing the segregation of cortisol, known as the stress hormone.In addition, there are studies that have proven that this effect can be maintained over time if you practice sex on a regular basis. What are you waiting for?
2. It is good for the heart. There are numerous ways to take care of your heart, such as caring for what you eat. However, it sounds a lot more fun to take care of him through sex, do not you think? Having sex is good for cardiovascular health for several reasons: it lowers blood pressure, activates blood circulation, carries out aerobic exercise, etc. On the other hand, during the preliminary and excitation phase, the body releases testosterone and DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone), which act to protect the heart muscle.
3. It makes you slim. It is obvious, right? One of the advantages of sex is that it involves a physical exercise and, therefore, you can also lose weight by practicing it. It is estimated that 10 minutes of sex consume about 50 calories, while in 20 minutes, about 200 calories. But you know, here it is not worth staying still! Try some of Kamasutra’s creative poses and lose weight by practicing sex! And if you do it standing, you can not imagine…
4. It protects against cancer. This is one of our favorite sex benefits. Some studies show the relationship between sex and the protection of certain cancers, such as breast or prostate cancer. In breast cancer, it seems that the increased secretion of DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) and oxytocin that occurs during orgasm, may help protect against this tumor. On the other hand, frequent ejaculation would help lower the risk of prostate cancer.
5. Sex activates the immune system. Do you suffer from colds often? As sex can be the solution. One study found that people who had regular sex, at least once or twice a week, had immunoglobulin A (IgA) levels 30% higher than those who did not. This meant that his immune system was strengthened and, therefore, better prepared to avoid diseases such as colds.
6. It relieves pain and migraine. The typical and manipulated excuse of a headache is no longer worth it. And, in fact, maintaining relationships can relieve a migraine. This is so because during intercourse a large amount of nitric oxide is mobilized, which acts to improve the peripheral circulation, which especially benefits vascular migraines. On the other hand, the endorphins and oxytocin released during sex are powerful weapons to combat both gynecological and premenstrual pain, as well as traumatological or muscular pain, so it can also work as an analgesic. Worth a try, is it not? You know, it creates an intimate atmosphere, soft music, and to practice in a relaxed way…
7. It improves the skin. Sex has the wonderful power of improving the appearance of the skin through 2 different forms. On the one hand, the skin is better moisturized because it improves water secretion thanks to orgasm and, on the other hand, as it stimulates blood circulation during intercourse, there is less risk of appearing the dreaded orange skin and cellulite.
8. It helps a better sleep. Sure you have heard some good sleeping tips, but what you have not been told is that sex also favors sleep. Because it is typical to fall asleep after that exhausting and pleasurable time, but also improves the quality of sleep thanks to different hormones, such as oxytocin and melatonin, which are released during sex and help sleep better.
9. It may reduce vaginal dryness. Although there are intimate moisturizers highly recommended to relieve the uncomfortable itching or hydrate the vulvar area, sex also helps combat vaginal dryness. This is achieved, above all, by lengthening the preliminary games. By prolonging kisses, caresses or hugs before penetration, the woman’s vagina is lubricated more and is prepared for intercourse. Therefore, when the menopause arrives, it is advisable a longer period of excitation to produce the necessary lubricant.
10. Sex improves memory. Maybe this is one of the most curious benefits of sex. But yes, sexual intercourse can improve memory. This is achieved thanks to stimulation in the production of neurons that causes sex, which results in the improvement of some cognitive abilities such as memory. Who was going to tell us that sex would make us smarter?
11. It exercises the pelvic muscles. It is not something that you exercise regularly… Unless you practice regular sex. Maintaining relationships are put into operation the pelvic muscles, which results in toning the pelvic floor. You may have never thought about how important this was, but if the pelvic floor does not exercise and suffers distention, there is a greater likelihood of urinary incontinence.
12. It promotes fertility. This is another benefit that we love. Sex improves fertility from 2 different points. In the case of women, those with irregular menstrual cycles will find in sex (practiced routinely) a way to stabilize cycles. This not only promotes fertility but also gives you security and stability. On the other hand, male fertility also benefits from sex on a regular basis. Men who ejaculate at least 3 or 4 times a week increase their ability to fertilize. And it goes without saying that the more you practice it, the more chances you will have to get pregnant.
13. It improves self-esteem. The flirting, the compliments, the looks of desire … There is nothing better than a man or a woman that we love telling us nice things, letting us know that you want us, right? As sex multiplies that by 1,000. So, feeling wanted and feeling how your partner gets excited with you is a way to improve self-esteem and raise the self-perception we each have of ourselves.
14. It rejuvenates. In addition to its benefits for the skin -which will make you look younger- or for the heart -that can extend life avoiding cardiovascular diseases, this point is dedicated especially to men. And is that a study revealed that men who had more than 2 orgasms per week extended their lives more than those who did not ejaculate. Practice sex to live more!
15. Sex makes you happier. And, ultimately, sex makes you happier. Because practicing sex contributes to the good functioning of your relationship, to have more health, increase communication and trust between the couple … And also releases endorphins, that is, the hormone of well-being or happiness, so that raising the level of the same produces an evident improvement in the mood.
Now that you know that sex has so many benefits for your health and wellness … Can you even think of an excuse for not to practice it?