If the additional expenses of December, such as buying gifts, celebrations and even trips, left you in a tight financial situation at the beginning of the year, this information is of interest to you.
And, so that the January slope is not so steep, it is important to thoroughly plan your payments and obligations, and identify bad habits such as excessive spending and impulsive purchases.
“Planning generates a series of benefits such as control over income and expenses, curbing excessive debts, providing financial security, anticipating seasonal expenses or important events, contributing to more effective management of resources and building financial savings that can be fundamental in difficult times,” said Mario Rivera, General Manager of Mucap.You can also rely on financial products that help you meet your goals, organize your money or simply save money.
To start 2024 on the right foot, here are some smart advices to get your finances in order now:
1. Financial planning: Establish short and long term goals
2. Continuous savings: Cultivate the habit of saving regularly
3. Conscious spending: Say no to impulsive purchases
4. Debt reduction: Work to reduce existing debts and avoid new ones
5. Financial education: Improve your understanding of financial concepts
6. Periodic review: Regularly adjust your budget
7. Income diversification: Explore opportunities to diversify
8. Negotiate expenses: Look for lower rates and discounts