Considered an exotic fruit and delicate palates- cherries are a fruit that to some people seems normal and to others they can only imagine ice cream with a red dot on the top.
It turns out that eating cherries do not have to do with fashion or just adornment, indeed, one might even say we should eat cherries every day to try to avoid any problems in the future.
Here we give you some reasons to eat this unique fruit daily or as often as you can.
- A cup of cherries has only 87 calories, 22 grams carbohydrates, 1 gram of protein and 3 grams of fiber.
- They are known as “super fruits” because they are full of antioxidants called anthocyanins, which help in reducing heart disease and cancer.
- They are one of the few foods that contain melatonin, an antioxidant that helps regulate heart rate and sleep cycles of the organism.
- Excellent source of beta-carotene (vitamin A). In fact they contain 19 times more beta-carotene than blueberries and strawberries.
- Rich in vitamins C, E, potassium, magnesium, iron, folic acid and fiber.
- Known also known as “brain food” due to their help in brain health and preventing memory loss.
- Because they contain anthocyanins, they can reduce inflammation and symptoms of arthritis and gout.
- Your consumption reduces the risk of diabetes.
- Good source of fiber, which is important for digestive health.
- A good snack or dessert that is important for weight maintenance due to low calorie intake.
- Due to its powerful anti-inflammatory benefits, cherries can act to reduce pain; They are highly recommended for sore tendons and muscles suffering from overload runners and athletes after workouts.