More

    Will 60 remain as the Minimum Passing Grade for Tico Students in 2021?

    MEP will assess according to the behavior of the Pandemic

    Must Read

    Coffee, the Aroma of Costa Rica

    Costa Rican coffee is the best! You come to appreciate it more when you travel to other...

    Discover What The Islands and Wetlands of Costa Rica Have For You

    Explore the unknown of the Islands and Wetlands of Costa Rica. If you are looking for an...

    A Dream Beach in Costa Rica

    Finding yourself in Costa Rica and knowing that there is a dream beach, of so many that...
    TCRN STAFFhttp://www.TheCostaRicaNews.com
    Like you, we are tired of corporate media that is politically driven and one sided. So we decided to focus on news that’s important to people. We’re Creating a Conscious alternative news network that we feel the world needs and we need your help! We can’t do this without you! Support news and media that matters and that can help change our world!

    The Ministry of Public Education (MEP) will value maintaining 60 % as a minimum grade in 2021 to pass the school year, as it is in the present, this analysis comes as a result of the effects of the Pandemic on education.

    55% of the students’ grade would be based on the work they do from home, while the other components comprise the remaining 45%. Of that total percentage, students must earn a minimum of 60 to advance to the next educational level.

    The academic vice minister of the MEP, Melania Brenes, commented that it will be the behavior of the Pandemic that will lead the institution to assess whether or not this same strategy is maintained the next academic year.

    Additionally, Brenes recalled that the school year is designed so that students who obtain a grade lower than 60% in basic subjects can undergo a strategy that allows them to still pass the year.

    However, the official was emphatic that those in the last year of high school all subjects must be passed in order to advance to the university. About 50,000 students could complete high school this year and enter university for 2021.

    resonance Guanacaste
    RELOCATE TO THE BEACH AND WORK REMOTE
    Helping transition your life to live anywhere

    - Advertisement -

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    - Advertisement -

    Latest News

    Coffee, the Aroma of Costa Rica

    Costa Rican coffee is the best! You come to appreciate it more when you travel to other...

    Discover What The Islands and Wetlands of Costa Rica Have For You

    Explore the unknown of the Islands and Wetlands of Costa Rica. If you are looking for an adventure and not the kind...

    A Dream Beach in Costa Rica

    Finding yourself in Costa Rica and knowing that there is a dream beach, of so many that the land of “Pure Life”...

    Attention Women: Touch Yourself and Save Your Life

    October 19th marks International Day against Breast Cancer. This date aims to sensitize the population with a key message: The importance...

    San Isidro del General and its Unique Cultural Atmosphere

    San Isidro del General is a town, and head of the canton of Pérez Zeledón, south of the province of San José in Costa Rica Stop for a moment (or more) to enjoy the atmosphere
    - Advertisement -

    More Articles Like This

    - Advertisement -
    Language »