Costa Rica Fire Departments Discourage Charging Cell Phones Near the Bed

    Must Read

    Creating a Conscious alternative news network that we feel the world needs. Pura Vida!

    The Costa Rica News (TCRN) – Do you often leave your computer or cell phone charging near or on your bed while you sleep? Watch out! This practice is not at all recommended, because any kind of electronic device may overheat and cause a fire.

    Henry Morales, Manager of Fire Investigation, said such practices are very common in Costa Rica; people do not take into account the danger of leaving their equipment near items that facilitate the spread of fire, such as mattresses or blankets.

    Check the charger 

    The expert says that it is essential to review where you are going to charge electronic devices and if the charger is in good condition, because this is also a fire hazard, especially when you have a loose or old cable.

    “Another mistake that happens is due to the cell chargers, when an internal element such as a transformer is lost and without that protection, overheats and the plastic housing is melted,” said the fireman.

    As Morales explained, once the computer, phone or tablet is finish loading, you must also disconnect the charger, especially if it is close to beds, wooden furniture or items that propagating fire.  Plus it saves on electricity.

    The firefighter said that once a phone or computer is overheating, it’s best to change it and not to buy chargers that are “universal”; it’s always better to buy on specific to the device. (Crhoy)

    The Costa Rica News (TCRN)

    San Jose, Costa Rica

    - Advertisement -

    Subscribe to our newsletter

    Get all the latest news, events, offers and special announcements.

    Latest News

    Epitalon Peptide: Research in Cell aging

    Epitalon, also known as epithalon or epithalamin, is a synthetic tetrapeptide (Ala-Glu-Asp-Gly) derived from the naturally occurring polypeptide epithalamin,...

    More Articles Like This

    Language »