Facial treatments and procedures are very much in vogue today.
The choice of treatment or procedure is a highly personal decision that is based on one’s particular health, lifestyle, and personal preferences; nevertheless, here is a list of the 10 most preferred facial treatments and procedures by people who actually decided to do something about their facial looks:
This procedure is done to correct sun damage, brown spots, uneven skin tones, acne, and wrinkles, and can be done in conjunction with other procedures.
The process consists on scraping off dead skin cells from the skin’s surface with aluminum oxide crystals, revealing a younger and healthier looking skin.
You can buy a microdermabrasion kit at the store; however, the results will never compare to the quality of having the procedure done by a professional.
2. Chemical peel
This treatment is very similar to the microdermabrasion as it has the same effect; nevertheless, its action goes much deeper. A chemical peel improves the skin’s texture, evens out its pigmentation and also diminishes wrinkles.
The procedure may leave the skin a bit red at first, but it will peel later. The chemicals most commonly used when doing a chemical peel are the alphahydroxy and trichloroacetic acids.
3. Laser skin procedures
The use of lasers in beauty treatments is fairly new but a very popular alternative. Lasers can be used in several ways:
- Laser skin resurfacing: Though similar to a microdermabrasion, laser skin resurfacing is able to go deeper, allowing for the treatment of more seriously damaged skin. Though it’s not a painful procedure, it is limited in that lasers do not work well for people with dark skin tones.
- Laser scar removal: With this procedure, one can have unsightly scars removed. The laser vaporizes the scar tissue allowing new skin to grow, resulting in a more natural and less noticeable look.
- Laser tattoo removal: While this is a very effective procedure, multiple sessions are needed to remove the tattoo completely.
- Laser hair removal: This procedure ends the tedious routine of waxing or shaving, and helps get rid of unwanted facial hair permanently. The results are very long lasting, but there is one caution, it is not recommended for people with dermatitis, psoriasis and cystic acne.
4. Injectable face fillers
There are several injectable products that diminish wrinkles and help enhance lips and cheeks:
- Botox: While extremely effective for wrinkles, Botox can be poisonous if not done correctly. If you are considering getting these injections, ask for several opinions and have it done by an experienced professional.
- Collagen: This product is collected from animals and then processed to be like human collagen. It is used to effectively fill-in wrinkles and scars on most parts of the body.
- Your own fat: In this procedure, fat from your own body is harvested and then used to fill-in wrinkles, lines or even enhance cheeks. This is the safest option, because your body will not reject its own fat.
There are various facial surgery options which can improve your appearance:
- Eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty): This procedure is done to correct drooping eyelids or fat pockets under the eyes that make you look older and tired.
- Ear surgery: This surgery is typically done to reduce very large or protruding ears.
- Chin surgery (Mentoplasty): In order to enhance the chin, implants are sometimes used in this surgery. Often this procedure is performed in combination with nose surgery (Rhinoplasty) to balance the face.
6. Rhinoplasty or nose job
Nose surgery is generally done for purely aesthetic reasons or to correct deformities. Given that one’s nose is an important element of the face this surgery can bring total symmetry and balance.
This surgery is done to correct the long-term effects of gravity on facial tissues and muscles. It is an invasive procedure that needs a long healing period, which normally is about a month; nevertheless, its results are dramatic. A face-lift can make you look many years younger!
8. Facial implants
These are used to modify the face’s bone structure or to fill up aging spots.
9. Permanent eyeliner
This treatment helps to better define the eyes and can be applied on the brows as well as to the lips.
Yep! You can have liposuction done on your face! The most common areas done are the chin, the cheeks, and the neck. The traditional procedure removes excess fat using a suction and vacuum machine; however, there are several new methods of liposuction that you should research before making a decision.
Health Choices Costa Rica offers you the opportunity to explore these options and more, all at very affordable prices and with internationally accredited doctors. Costa Rica is one of the top medical tourism destinations today. Come visit us today at our website and learn what we can do for you.