Departure place: San Jose Area Hotels
Departure time: 7:30 a.m. approx.
Duration: 10 hours approx.
*Min 1 participant
On this tour we drive through the city of Alajuela, passing by its famous monuments and parks. On the way to the volcano, we will visit Doka Coffee Estate, for a delicious breakfast and a coffee tour. Learn about the careful process involved on the cultivation, harvesting and roasting of coffee. Afterwards, proceed to go to the very top of Poas Volcano, where you’ll have the unique experience of looking down 1,000 ft. into an active volcano crater, that’s constantly emitting sulfur fumes and steam. A short hike will be taken to Botos Lagoon, a rain filled-up crater with deep blue waters that contrast with the dense cloud forest surrounding it. Following will be lunch at La Paz Waterfall Gardens where we will walk through a trail leading to a spectacular waterfall in the middle of the rainforest and we will visit the hummingbird gallery, the serpentarium, the bird house, the butterfly garden and the frog’s exhibit.
- Visit various main attractions in one day
- Excellent views of volcano craters, waterfalls
- and coffee plantations
- Doka Estate coffee farm
- La Paz Waterfall Gardens
- Poas Volcano and Botos Lagoon
- Nice scenic drive through towns and plantations
- Lots of wildlife at La Paz Waterfall Gardens
- Breakfast and lunch
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Round trip transportation
- Bilingual guide
- Entrance fees to: Poas Volcano National Park, Doka Estate Coffee Farm and La Paz Waterfall Gardens (including visit to 4 waterfalls, hummingbird gallery, the serpentarium, the birdhouse, the butterfly garden, the frogs exhibit, jungle cats exhibit and orchids exhibit.)
What to bring
Jacket, walking shoes, insect repellent, binoculars, camera and raincoat.
If you are interested in tours, vacation packages, or need help planning your trip to Costa Rica let The Costa Rica News get you in touch with a vacation specialist . Fill in the form below and we will help you with your vacation planning.