Costa Rica is a country that offers a great gastronomic variety, thanks to its mix of flavors and textures. It integrates indigenous traditions with the European and American products. In this article we want to present to you some traditional drinks that you can taste in Costa Rica:
- This is a drink with a high percentage of vitamin C, which is made in Costa Rica with the fruit called Cas. This is a fruit of the Guava family tree that is found mainly in Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Guatemala and El Salvador. Costa Ricans mix it with sugar and water and sometimes add milk to get a slightly acidic fruit-based drink. The same is often frozen and made into Cas ice cream.
- This is one of the traditional drinks preferred by Costa Ricans for its high degree of nutrients, among which Omega 3 stands out, which helps in the prevention of cardiovascular diseases. For its preparation you only have to add 1 cup of seeds in a liter of water and leave it for at least half an hour for it to sponge up. At the same time, sugar, ice are added, mixed and served. Other preparation options are to add less sugar and add kola or lemon syrup, which makes it more refreshing. Also, you can freeze it obtain rich homemade ice cream.
- A very popular drink, due to its high degree of vitamin C, which strengthens the immune system and also helps digestion. The Messino lemon is very easy to prepare, the first thing you should do is take 5 large lemons, cut them in half and squeeze all the juice into a container. Then add 500 ml of water, refined or brown sugar, 150 g, a few ice cubes and a mint leaf (optional).
- This is a typical Costa Rican drink that is prepared with hot water, sweet cap honey (obtained from sugarcane juice), lemon peel, and whole or ground cloves. This warm drink is accompanied by sweet spices of their choice.
Drinks based on tropical fruits.
The juices based on tropical fruits are the most consumed among the Ticos, these provide a large number of benefits to the body. In addition to being very refreshing in warm temperatures that are experienced in this country. The juices with tropical citrus fruits improve our immune system, in addition to providing vitamins and minerals. These fruits are: Oranges, Pineapple, Tamarind, Mango, among others.
4 drinks that will help you have more energy:
In addition to fruits, vegetables are also an option to consider very valuable for making these juices, but without a doubt the most important and necessary is to use them fresh and well-washed, since in this way they keep their properties intact, avoiding contracting illnesses due to poor hygiene or ingesting transgenic contents.
1. Refreshing natural juice:
• 1 cup of seedless watermelon
• ½ cup of coconut water
• A juice of half a lemon
• Mint leafs for taste
2. Natural antioxidant juice:
• ½ cup of blueberries or grapes
• 1 chopped mango
• 1 ripe sliced banana
3. Natural energy juice:
• 1 green apple
• 1 kiwi
• ½ a cup of spinach
• The juice of 2 oranges
4. Nutritious natural juice
• 1 chopped apple
• ¼ cup of fresh coconut
• 1 sliced banana
• 1 tablespoon of almonds
• 1 pinch of cinnamon
• ½ cup of water.