Nutritionists insist that breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day because after 7 or 8 hours of fasting we need energy and nutrients to perform our daily activities. When we don’t have breakfast, it causes fatigue and loss of energy. Enjoying a good breakfast allows us to cover our daily nutritional needs and provides the first energy after a long time without eating food.
A balanced breakfast helps distribute our calories during the day, also gives us the security of providing our body with the necessary nutrients, especially during the school period. It is the most fundamental meal of each day, it is said that you have to dedicate a minimum of 15 minutes of tranquility and relaxation for your breakfast.
If we don’t have breakfast, the lack of glucose in our body can cause:
- Lack of concentration.
- Bad mood.
- Lack of energy.
- The decrease in performance, especially in growing age.
- Be prone to consume a poor quality diet.
When we stop having breakfast, we stress our organic mechanism because it does not find all the energy necessary to cope with a day’s work. Being stressed, our body reacts releasing substances that make it slower and this produces that we store more calories. The lack of glucose, which produces the morning fast, pushes our body to burn the energy reserves.
It is considered that the type of breakfast a person eats will influence the type of day they will have or the feelings they express, the productive performance, etc. In this sense, it is always recommended to have breakfast and never skip this meal, in addition to consuming nutritious foods that can be proteins, fruits, cereals, dairy products, infusions, etc.
The customs for breakfast vary significantly according to regions and societies, as well as according to the possibilities of resources available in each area. However, this does not prevent a good breakfast from being consumed anywhere you are in the world.
Not all food types offer the same results to our body, so we must pay attention to the selection of those foods that give us the energy we need during the day, instead of just satiating ourselves by eating anything.
The correct nutritional intake allows us to control blood sugar levels and the speed of our metabolism, so it is essential for our health and if we want to maintain a healthy weight, we must pay attention to our diet, especially when it comes to breakfast.
Here are some recommendations for obtaining a healthy breakfast:
- Try to avoid eating a diet too acidic, this can affect your stomach. Breakfast should be more alkaline and for this, it is advisable to consume fruits.
- Eat complex high absorption carbohydrates. They are responsible for giving energy to our muscles including the brain, so they are very important in this meal. You should choose the healthiest carbohydrates such as whole grains, oatmeal, whole-grain bread, etc.
- Ideally, take a portion of each food group, a portion of protein, one of the carbohydrates, good fats, fruits, fibers. Fruit smoothies are a good option to be part of breakfast. As the consumption of whole grains, they help digestion and increase satiety.
- Avoid fried foods, sugar, caffeine, these have no nutritional value and are too aggressive for your stomach, and especially at this meal when you have has several hours without receiving food.
- It is advisable to drink a glass of water on an empty stomach, preferably with lemon juice and without sugar; this will help regulate the acidity of your diet.
- Although it is recommended to have food from each group we must take care of dairy consumption, as they can be inflammatory and affect our gastrointestinal tract to our respiratory organs. They can be consumed but not in excess.
- Each meal should be taken with peace of mind if we want to give our body a chance to digest properly that is why it is recommended that breakfast time be sacred, it should be eaten sitting and calm, you have the rest of the day to perform the bustling activities guidelines.
- It is recommended to consume a sufficient amount of food in your first meal of the day. At least between 300 and 400 calories.
- The The ideal schedule for breakfast that nutritionists recommend is between 7 and 9 am, as to incorporate a snack in the middle of the morning and so comply with the recommendations of 5 meals a day. However, try to plan to have breakfast within half an hour after waking up, since when starting the day’s functions, bodily reserves will only be enough for that short period.
“The energy with which we start each new day depends on the quality of the food we give to our body. The intake of a good breakfast, in addition to providing the necessary nutrients, will allow us to maintain the best levels of health possible“