More

    What Is the Current Educational and Job Profile of Young Costa Ricans?

    Must Read

    Are There Products for which I Will Pay less Tax? Know the Possible Changes in the Basic Goods and Services Basket

    Cleaning products, personal hygiene and school supplies will be included in the basic goods and services basket...

    Parable # 33: You Can’t Just Not Show Up

    (This week is the 36thinstallment of the book, “The Band Director’s Lessons About Life”, which TCRN is...

    Airbnb is Positioned as an Excellent Platform to Reactivate the Costa Rican Economy

    The Airbnb accommodation platform released the results of a survey conducted with hosts and guests in Costa...
    TCRN STAFFhttps://www.TheCostaRicaNews.com
    Creating a Conscious alternative news network that we feel the world needs. Pura Vida!

    The Costa Rica News (TCRN) – There are 1.76 million young people in Costa Rica, representing 37.4% of the inhabitants of the country, according to official figures. Only 29.5% of young Costa Ricans have completed primary education, 34.3% have attended high school but have not finished, only 13.8% have completed high school; 10.4 % report incomplete college education, and 11.7% have finished university.

    According to a recent survey, only 44% of the population aged between 15 and 35 is currently studying, whereas the remaining 56% is looking for a job (40.3%) or looking after children (16.8%).

    70.7% plans on finishing or resuming their studies in the next five years, 42.7% expect to find a job or improve their work conditions, and 26.9% hope to buy their own house.

    The survey revealed that 52% of Costa Ricans are currently working, most are service workers and shop assistants (26.3%), or perform elementary occupations (21%).

    A third group is made up by officers, machine operatos, and artisans (13.5%), scientists and intellectual professionals (11.9%), as well as technicians and associate professionals (9%).

    The problems that young Costa Ricans mostly worry about have to do with lack of employment, insecurity, poverty, the high cost of living, drug abuse, and lack of educational opportunities.

    The survey was administered to 2,800 people between 15 and 35 years old across the country. It has a margin of error of 2.5%.

    The Costa Rica News

    San Jose, Costa Rica

    - Advertisement -
    - Advertisement -

    Latest News

    Are There Products for which I Will Pay less Tax? Know the Possible Changes in the Basic Goods and Services Basket

    Cleaning products, personal hygiene and school supplies will be included in the basic goods and services basket...

    Parable # 33: You Can’t Just Not Show Up

    (This week is the 36thinstallment of the book, “The Band Director’s Lessons About Life”, which TCRN is publishing as a series during...

    Airbnb is Positioned as an Excellent Platform to Reactivate the Costa Rican Economy

    The Airbnb accommodation platform released the results of a survey conducted with hosts and guests in Costa Rica, which shows the dynamics...

    Do You Like Independent Cinema? 20 Titles Arrive to the National Movie Scene this Year

    With the reopening of more than a hundred cinemas in the country, theaters already have expected premieres...

    More than 51 Million Attacks by Hackers During the Pandemic in Costa Rica

    The Computer Incident Response Center of Costa Rica (CSIRT-CR) issued an alert to the information officers of public institutions and political parties about a malicious software (malware) called Drovorub
    - Advertisement -

    More Articles Like This

    - Advertisement -
    Language »