More

    Costa Rica is Within 19% of Its Carbon Neutrality Goal for 2021

    Must Read

    Stronger measures will be taken against contempt of social quarantine standards

    Public Security Minister Michael Soto said that they are already coordinating with...

    Bureaucratic Red Tape Seriously Delays Major Public Works in Costa Rica

    The Minister of Public Works and Transport (MOPT), Rodolfo Méndez, has made serious observations to the mechanism that is used in expropriating land for infrastructure works

    More Than 139,000 Citizens Are Still Waiting to Receive the “Bono Proteger”

    To date 139,100 Costa Ricans have been waiting for the “Bono Proteger”...
    TCRN STAFFhttps://www.TheCostaRicaNews.com
    Creating a Conscious alternative news network that we feel the world needs. Pura Vida!

    The Costa Rica News (TCRN) – The Ministry of Environment and Energy (MINAE) today presented the progress on the carbon neutrality goal for 2021.

    The data analyzed up until March of this year said the country is within 81% of its compliance goal.

    “There is only 19% more needed to reach the goal, which should be achieved by reducing emissions from the transport and industrial sector. The projection is that the programs that are promoting reforestation projects in the country will increase its forest coverage by 56% by 2021,” said René Castro, Minister of Environment.

    Currently the country has a forest cover of 52%, offsetting 81% of their emissions and leaving 19% to be reduced, according to Castro.

    “The country has given conditions to reach the target in 2021 and Costa Rica has not forgotten that goal. Estimates of total emissions for that year are 21.6 million tons of CO2, assuming that the forest coverage reported for 2013, which is 52.4% is maintained over the years,” reported Castro.

    MINAE recently managed the creation of the first environmental bank, dedicated to buy bonds emissions and reduce the impact of their carbon footprint.

    According MINAE with the conclusion in the coming years of the Reventazón hydroelectric project, the country would displace over 850 tons of CO2 per year by 2016.

    The Costa Rica News (TCRN)

    San Jose, Costa Rica

    - Advertisement -
    - Advertisement -

    Latest News

    Stronger measures will be taken against contempt of social quarantine standards

    Public Security Minister Michael Soto said that they are already coordinating with...

    Bureaucratic Red Tape Seriously Delays Major Public Works in Costa Rica

    The Minister of Public Works and Transport (MOPT), Rodolfo Méndez, has made serious observations to the mechanism that is used in expropriating land for infrastructure works

    More Than 139,000 Citizens Are Still Waiting to Receive the “Bono Proteger”

    To date 139,100 Costa Ricans have been waiting for the “Bono Proteger” for three months (from April),...

    Costa Rican Singer Jenny Castillo Died

    Jenny Castillo, who was well known in the music world in the 80s and 90s, died this...

    Precise Date of School Re-opening in Costa Rica has not yet Been Decided

    The Ministry of Public Education (MEP) remains on the lookout, and with it thousands and thousands of...
    - Advertisement -

    More Articles Like This

    - Advertisement -
    Language »