Quick Dental Trips to Costa Rica
It is said that if beauty is power, then a smile is its sword. If your smile has dimmed because of damaged, decaying or discolored teeth, a quick dental trip to Costa Rica could provide the solution you need. Costa Rica provides low-cost yet high value dental treatments as well as unique ecotourism experiences.
Increasing dental care costs and declining insurance coverage are limiting remedial options for people suffering from dental issues. This is why many people from the affluent parts of the world seek affordable options overseas. From missing, discolored or chipped teeth, imperfect smiles, gum diseases, to painful cavities, patients from all across the globe can find treatment options for their vexing dental problems in Costa Rica.
According to a November 2012 report in Reuters, around 40,000 medical tourists, mostly from America and Canada, visited Costa Rica in 2011. About 30 percent of those sought dental work.
The geographical proximity of Costa Rica to the United States makes it more appealing a choice as compared to South American and Asian countries.
Advantages of Planning a Dental Trip to Costa Rica
Located in Central America, the Republic of Costa Rica holds a magnetic draw for travelers of all inclinations. Deemed safe for international tourists, Costa Rica is a leader of the eco-tourism industry.
Additionally, it is also emerging as a top medical and dental destination for global patients. Some of the top reasons are:
• With a lower cost of living, labor, and medical services, Costa Rican dental tourism can deliver top-of-the-line dental solutions at a sliver of American costs.
• The low costs are not reflected in the quality of services or care. Patients can choose from a number of highly rated dental clinics that are kitted out with advanced technology and modern surgical instruments.
• Given the large number of highly qualified dental professionals in Costa Rica, you are unlikely to be met with annoying waiting lists or scheduling conflicts.
• Patients will have minimal problem conversing with their dentists since many Costa Rican dental professionals are bilingual.
• One of the biggest draws of Costa Rica is its standalone ecosystem. While traveling in pursuit of quality dental work, you can get to explore the unique territories of this small country and you will find plenty of reasons to smile and gasp in wonder!
Traveling to Costa Rica
• Entering Costa Rica will require that your passport be valid for at least three months.
• American or Canadian citizens can enter Costa Rica and stay for 90 days or less without a visa. However, it is advisable to get a round-trip ticket.
• Depending on the location of your dentist, you may choose to fly into Aeropuerto Internacional Juan Santamaría near San Jose or the Daniel Oduber Quiros International Airport—also called the Liberia airport—in Liberia.
Tourist Attractions of Costa Rica
With dense verdant cloud forests, dormant soaring volcanoes, pounding waterfalls, and silvery beaches, this Latin American country is blessed with multiple eco-spheres that inspire awe and admiration. Traveling to Costa Rica for dental work allows you to indulge in some exciting tourist activities as well.
Some of the popular things are:
• Volcanoes like the Arenal in the Northern Lowlands and the Rincon de la Vieja in Guana Caste.
• The immense biodiversity in the protected national parks of Costa Rica.
• The dense rainforests of Drake Bay that offer an abundance of flora and fauna.
• The cloud forest reserve of Monteverde and the gardens around the La Paz Waterfall, which offer a great chance to be amidst a rich variety of local wildlife.
Costa Rica’s tourist offerings are exhaustive and its dental facilities are impressive. From simple procedures such as teeth whitening to more complicated processes such root canal or dental implant surgery, patients are likely to find umpteen choices to match their needs.
Dr. Deepika Garg
For more information on Costa Rica Dental Services fill out the form below and on of our Costa Rica Experts will be happy to assist you.
Category: Costa Rica Dental
The Costa Rica News (TCRN)
San Jose Costa Rica